Saturday 27 December 2008

Dolly Darling - Tea Time


I've become slightly obsessed with Dolly Darlings this year. I used to have a couple when I was little, and when I saw one on ebay, it took me right back to childhood. I bid a modest amount, but then got really disappointed when I got outbid. I had a real pang of loss when I remembered the exact texture of the plastic, and how it smelt, and the popper on her dress, and every little detail.

So I started looking for others (and researching them on websites - yes, I am that sad). Eventually I got this one. She's one of the ones I used to have. She's called 'Teatime', and is ready for formal fun in her party frock and gloves. Many of the others are a bit more Swinging Sixties, with groovy patterned dresses. Fortunately for me, now I'm getting a collection, they're very small, so they don't take up much space. So I can fell less guilty about having so many of the little cuties!

4 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

fantastic! I love Dolly darlings! I had them as a child in the 60's (and still have a couple lurking in my 60's dolls house) One is the nurse & the other has a yellow checked dress.....
Do tell what you have found out about them!
Lizzie x

Country Cottage Chic said...

Very cute! Love the little "gloves".

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I am sure I remember these too Elaine..
I also remember a small plastic doll that was similar and wore blue denim dungarees called Diddums..
have you ever found one of these?

Michelex

BusyLizzie said...

Check out my latest post for the Dolly Darlings taking coffee in their 60's abode!
Lizzie x